Bargain Box Thrift Shop
Welcome to the Bargain Box Thrift Shop
We will happily invite you into the store to shop and to the side door to accept your donations during store hours. Please review the list of items that can and cannot be donated below with more detailed information at the bottom of the page.
The Bargain Box is a resale shop staffed entirely by volunteers who are members of Assistance League of Flintridge. The store is open all year and provides a continuing source of income for the chapter’s philanthropic programs. Proceeds from the sale of donated gently used clothing and household items stay in the foothill community.
What are you looking for?
In addition to everyday items for the kitchen and closet, we have designer clothing, shoes, jewelry, vintage pieces, artwork, books, garden and home decor, sports equipment, office supplies, children’s toys, games and much more. Throughout the year, we hold special holiday-themed and reduced-tag events.
Click photos to enlarge.
How to Donate to the Bargain Box
Thank you for donating! The Bargain Box Thrift Shop is delighted to receive items you no longer wear or that no longer fit with your home furnishings. Recycling used clothing and products not only means that you are diverting your discards from landfills, which is great for the environment, it also passes them to someone who values its future use. Many of our customers tell us, “It’s exactly what I have been looking for!” Know that you have the opportunity to make someone’s day at the same time you are helping Assistance League of Flintridge achieve our philanthropic goals.
We prefer items that are clean and “gently used”; we cannot accept items that are too dirty or damaged. If we are not able to sell your donated item, there are nonprofit organizations that we work with that may be able to take it for one of their programs.
Donations are accepted during store hours only. When you are ready to donate, bring your boxes and bundles to the door off the driveway on the south (left) side of the Bargain Box building. Knock on the door so that we can take in your donations and give you a receipt. Please do not leave your donations outside. Sorry, the Bargain Box does not accept consignments.
Tax ID #95-2258153 – Assistance League of Flintridge is a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization. Donations to the Bargain Box are fully tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. Forms on which to list donations are available at the Bargain Box donation door.
Ready to Donate?
Sorry, We CANNOT Accept:
- Food or drink
- Any clothing or household item that is dirty, stained, worn, broken, missing pieces or does not work
- Hairdryers, hot rollers and curling irons
- Personal hygiene products or undergarments
- Baby furnishings including furniture, strollers, baby and child seats
- Children’s toys which constitute a choking hazard (0 to 3 years)
- Any stuffed items that have small beans or pellets
- ALL bikes, trikes, rollerblades and skates
- Protective headgear including ALL sports helmets
- Mattresses, box springs, bed pillows, electric blankets, bean bags and used sheets
- Office equipment including computers, computer software, monitors, printers, network equipment, fax machines, scanners, cables and other office machines
- Pet items (unless new with tags)
- Textbooks and encyclopedias
- Televisions, video game equipment, VCRs, DVDs, CDs, VHS & 8-Track cassette tapes
- Headphones or earbuds (unless new in packaging)
- Unframed glass
- Venetian blinds and mini-blinds
- ALL skis and ski equipment including boots, snow boards and bindings
- Any toxic substances including paint, solvents, motor oil, antifreeze, cleaning products, pool and garden chemicals, aerosols, batteries and fire extinguishers
- Gasoline or propane containers
- Leaf blowers, lawn mowers, large lawn maintenance items
- Large, heavy exercise equipment
- Space heaters
- Electric bread machines
- Halogen lamps
- Auto parts including tires, wheels and chains
- Large furniture and major appliances
We CAN Accept Most Items in Clean, Gently-Used Condition such as:
- Clothing, Shoes, Handbags
- Household Items
- Small Furniture
- Kid Toys, Games, Puzzles
(Ages 3 and Up Only)
- Greeting Cards
- Linens, Fabric
- Craft & Sewing Supplies
Bargain Box Thrift Shop follows State law, insurance policy requirements and considers potential liability, safety issues, space restrictions and/or potential for resale of items. Lists of items that CAN and CANNOT be sold is subject to change due to space availability and current laws for Resale Shops.
BUSINESS HOURS *
TUES 10 AM – 1 PM
THURS 10 AM – 4 PM
FRI 10 AM – 1 PM
SAT 10 AM – 1 PM
CLOSED SUN, MON, WED & 1ST SAT OF THE MONTH
* SUBJECT TO CHANGE
– Please Note –
Bargain Box will charge sales tax on all items. Assistance League of Flintridge does not qualify for the State of California sales tax exemption.
Visa, Mastercard Accepted
– Please Note –
Lists subject to change due to space availability and to comply with state and local laws that apply to resale shops. Please do not leave items outside after hours. Thank you.